My Photo
Name:
Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia

23 October 2008

One Two Three Go!!

I initially thought I would only write about the places that I have visited, however I think this experience needs to be jotted for my own. When I think about that entire morning, I somehow can't recall the 5 seconds when I felt the heavy adrenaline rush.

On a bright sunny Sunday, 8 broke blokes decided to jump for fun. I was the ninth bloke. I joined in. Excitement, Nervousness and Fear were the only words playing in my mind. After all, I was paying Rs 500 to jump from a height of 120 feet with one string attached. We parcelled ourselves in 2 cars and we zoomed to Palace Grounds, Bangalore. We were there at 11 a.m. We followed the rush rush and joined in the queue to register. We were talked into filling some extra sheets of paper in return of a Certificate of Bravery, Bungee'd!!! Excitement was the only emotion of the moment and fear was next. We killed the wait time of one hour by watching people jump one by one. We had to jump in batches of similar weighed people. So, I was the last one in the group to jump.

After gulping down cans of mountain dew and spit, we started the climbing expedition to the zenith. The long ladder was formed with small ladders of 6 inch each placed and hooked against each other. Although the climb sucked all the energy out of me, the moment I reached the top I was rejuvenated. It had started drizzling and suddenly it was really cold. I had started shivering and I wrapped myself in the banner which said The Ultimate Jump! I had to do the dew after Jinwin jumped screaming out loud "Avijit, I love you". They had started gearing me up and I could only see a tower that was the height of the tower I was supposed to jump from. I was instructed to jump at "One two three"; "Go". I asked them to give me 2 minutes of silence. In a moment, I let myself fall. I think the free fall lasted 5 seconds and on the 6th second I started breathing again when I felt the spring. The springing lasted few more seconds and then I was on the ground like other 6 billion people.

Now if you say "Bungee"; I would say, "One, Two, Three, Let's go"

4 Comments:

Blogger Manoi said...

Been there, done that! Similar feelings I swear! :)

1:44 PM  
Blogger lala said...

that one made me 22% cry

1:16 AM  
Blogger Abinav Kumar said...

i wanna do it .. wanna do it..!! i sky dove in australia, but i am sure bungee is lot more fun..!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Monita Anand said...

You sky dove in Australia! Huh! I am sure it rained pee while u did it!!!!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home